HTS Bioinf - Update of the central docs web-pages
This procedures outlines the process of updates to the docs web-pages in Gitlab.
OUS ehåndbok (EHB) - the official documentation system for OUS
For the details on the organization of the documents and overall synchronization to EHB, see HTS Bioinf - Documentation overview.
Maintaining the documents in the central documentation web-pages is straightforward. The process is the same regardless whether it is involving documents residing in the
docs/ directory of any of the systems repository or in the
- Create an issue (for larger changes only, unnecessary for typos etc.) and file a merge request in the respective repository;
- Standard review and approval procedures are applicable to documentation merge requests: the code owners must approve the changes for each respective system (including the documentation system);
- The changes can be merged on to the
masterbranch (default in
docs-storebut not in all repositories):
- immediately for non-significant changes or documents not linked to EHB;
- after changelog update in EHB and unit leader approval for significant changes;
- If changes must be staged in
docs-storethey can be merged onto the
devbranch or a planned nascent release branch;
- If there are structural changes (added / removed pages), these must be reflected in the index of the
- The changes will be picked up and reproduced in the central documentation web-pages once a CI job in
docs-builderhas run and republished those pages (the CI job can also be manually triggered, if needed).